9372261584@MS General Surgery Admission in Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore
Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS)
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS), was established in 1980 by the Vokkaligara Sangha. It is located in Bangalore. Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS) is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka.
Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS) is recognized by the following for both, running MBBS course since 1980 and the Postgraduate Degree/Diploma since 1991:
- Medical Council of India
- General Medical Council, UK
- World Health Organization
- The Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists, London
- The Government of India
Missions and Objectives
Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS) aims to achieve the following goals through training the future physicians of the world through the best guidance and practices:
- Convey first-rate training to medical students, enough for them to become competent in the management of health of the individuals of society, comparable with their place as a member of society.
- Flourish their personality and characteristics according to their professional life like sense of responsibility, reliability, integrity, and care for other individuals.
- Impart leadership in them to make them able to work better in teams and take charge of matters when required, learn to gear up resources for natural calamities or any emergency, if it ever comes to it.
- Facilitate them to acquire proficiency in communication skills, enable them to learn to appreciate social, psychological, cultural, economic, and environmental factors affecting health.
- Prepare them towards an attitude for continued self-learning and seek further experience or to pursue medical career or research in any field of medicine.
Campuses and Location
Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS) is located in the following two sections:
- The Pre-clinical and Para Clinical departments located at Banashankari IInd Stage near BDA complex, Bangalore-560070.
- The Clinical departments and Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS) Hospital located at the Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS) Hospital K.R Road, V.V Puram, Bangalore-560004, 4kms from the College campus.
For undergraduates, Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS) offers the MBBS course. The duration of that course is four and a half years of academic study, which consists of a total of 9 terms, each of 6 month duration and one year of internship.
The course for Postgraduate degree is 3 years long and the Postgraduate diploma is 2 years long.
Below is the list of all courses offered by Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS):
- MD Anatomy
- MD Physiology
- MD Biochemistry
- MD Pharmacology
- MD Pathology
- MD Microbiology
- MD Forensic Medicine
- MD Community Medicine
- MD Medicine
- MD Pediatrics
- MD Dermatology
- MD Radio Diagnosis
- MD Anesthesiology
- MD Psychiatry
- MD Emergency Medicine
- MS General Surgery
- MS O.B.G
- MS Ophthalmology
- MS E.N.T
- MS Orthopedics
- DA (Anesthesiology)
- DCP (Pathology)
- DCH (Pediatrics)
- DGO (O.B.G)
- DOMS (Ophthalmology)
- Ortho. (Orthopedics)
- L.O (E.N.T)
- DMRD (Radio Diagnosis)