9372261584@Direct admission for Periodontics
MDS Periodontics, full form, Master of Dental Surgery (Periodontics) is a postgraduate program of 3 years duration which administers diseases related to the structure and parts of teeth including gums, periodontal membranes, cementum and alveolar bone and provides prevention and cure related to these diseases.
The minimum eligibility criteria for MDS Periodontics is to possess a Bachelor's in Dental Surgery (BDS) from an institution recognized by the Dental Council of India. While applying for the course, it is expected for each candidate to reach the minimum age of 21 years.
The admissions to MDS Periodontics are based on entrance scores such as NEET PG or other state level or institute level tests. However, some institutes provide direct admissions on the basis of candidate’s marks in graduation.
Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, King George’s Medical University, Kothiwal Dental College and Research Centre, Institute of Medical Sciences are a few top colleges offering MDS Periodontics in India. The average course fee of MDS Periodontics in India ranges from INR 6,00,000 - INR 35,00,000.
Check: MDS Periodontics Colleges in India
The subjects taught in the domain include Etiopathogenesis, Applied Basic Science, Preventive Periodontology, Pathology etc.
Students after MDS Periodontics can find jobs in Defence Services, Government and Private Dental Institutions, Healthcare Panels, Hospitals, Multi-Specialty Clinics, Polyclinics etc as Consultant, Dental Assistant, Dental Hygienist, Dental Lab Technician/ Ceramist, Dental Surgeon etc.
The average salary of MDS Periodontics graduates ranges from INR 3 LPA - 20 LPA. The top recruiters of MDS Periodontics students are Research Institutes, Universities, Teaching Hospitals, NGOs etc.
MDS Periodontics Course Highlights
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Full-Form||Master of Dental Surgery in Periodontics|
|Examination Type||Semester based|
|Age Criteria||Minimum 21 years|
|Eligibility||Bachelor's degree in Dental Surgery|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Average Fee||INR 6,00,000 - INR 35,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 3 LPA - INR 20 LPA|
|Job Profiles||Consultant, Dental Assistant, Dental Hygienist, Dental Lab Technician/ Ceramist, Dental Surgeon etc|
|Employment Areas||Defence Services, Government and Private Dental Institutions, Healthcare Panels, Hospitals, Multi-Specialty Clinics, Polyclinics etc|
MDS Periodontics Admission Process
Admissions to MDS Periodontics is either entrance based or based on the candidate's performance in the last qualifying examinations followed by interview.
- Candidates can fill the application form of respective entrance exams before the last date and appear for the same on the given exam date.
- Candidates need to pass NEET MDS, AIIMS PG or any other equivalent entrance exam in order to be eligible for MDS Periodontics.
- Candidates applying to institutes providing direct admissions only need to fill the application form and get admissions on the basis of their marks at graduation level.
- Some institutes also conduct their own entrance exams or rely on other state or national level entrance exams.
- On the basis of candidates' performance, merit lists will be prepared and they will be distributed the list of various dental colleges, universities, or institutions to choose from.
- Candidates also need to appear for counselling rounds in order to secure their seats in the program.
MDS Periodontics: Eligibility Criteria
The detailed eligibility criteria for MDS Periodontics is mentioned below:
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree in Dental Surgery (BDS) from an institute recognized by the Dental Council of India.
- If any foreign national is applying in any Indian institution, he/she needs to acquire a temporary registration from the Dental Council of India till the time candidates are pursuing their postgraduate training.
- It is obligatory for every candidate to attain the age of at least 21 years while applying for the MDS Periodontics.
- Also, each candidate applying for the course must be physically fit and must not suffer from any disease (severe or not) that will hinder their application.
MDS Periodontics: Top Colleges
|Name of the College/ University||Average Fees|
|Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, New Delhi||INR 15,600|
|King George’s Medical University, Lucknow||INR 1,08,200|
|Kothiwal Dental College and Research Centre, Moradabad||INR 4,00,000|
|Pt Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak||INR 21,153|
|Institute of Medical Sciences, Varanasi||INR 14,326|
|Government Dental College and Hospital, Mumbai||INR 84,100|
|Dr R Ahmed Dental College and Hospital, Kolkata||INR 18,000|
|Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh||INR 22,370|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi||INR 18,600|
|Chatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Shikshan Sanstha’s Dental College, Aurangabad||INR 3,98,000|
|SVS School of Dental Sciences, Mahabub Nagar||INR 1,80,000|
|Narayana Dental College and Hospital, Nellore||INR 3,70,000|
|Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada||INR 2,67,300|