9372261584@MD General Medicine Admission in Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore
Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS)
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS), was established in 1980 by the Vokkaligara Sangha. It is located in Bangalore. Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS) is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka.
Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS) is recognized by the following for both, running MBBS course since 1980 and the Postgraduate Degree/Diploma since 1991:
- Medical Council of India
- General Medical Council, UK
- World Health Organization
- The Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists, London
- The Government of India
Missions and Objectives
Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS) aims to achieve the following goals through training the future physicians of the world through the best guidance and practices:
- Convey first-rate training to medical students, enough for them to become competent in the management of health of the individuals of society, comparable with their place as a member of society.
- Flourish their personality and characteristics according to their professional life like sense of responsibility, reliability, integrity, and care for other individuals.
- Impart leadership in them to make them able to work better in teams and take charge of matters when required, learn to gear up resources for natural calamities or any emergency, if it ever comes to it.
- Facilitate them to acquire proficiency in communication skills, enable them to learn to appreciate social, psychological, cultural, economic, and environmental factors affecting health.
- Prepare them towards an attitude for continued self-learning and seek further experience or to pursue medical career or research in any field of medicine.
Campuses and Location
Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS) is located in the following two sections:
- The Pre-clinical and Para Clinical departments located at Banashankari IInd Stage near BDA complex, Bangalore-560070.
- The Clinical departments and Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS) Hospital located at the Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS) Hospital K.R Road, V.V Puram, Bangalore-560004, 4kms from the College campus.
For undergraduates, Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS) offers the MBBS course. The duration of that course is four and a half years of academic study, which consists of a total of 9 terms, each of 6 month duration and one year of internship.
The course for Postgraduate degree is 3 years long and the Postgraduate diploma is 2 years long.
Below is the list of all courses offered by Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS):
- MD Anatomy
- MD Physiology
- MD Biochemistry
- MD Pharmacology
- MD Pathology
- MD Microbiology
- MD Forensic Medicine
- MD Community Medicine
- MD Medicine
- MD Pediatrics
- MD Dermatology
- MD Radio Diagnosis
- MD Anesthesiology
- MD Psychiatry
- MD Emergency Medicine
- MS General Surgery
- MS O.B.G
- MS Ophthalmology
- MS E.N.T
- MS Orthopedics
- DA (Anesthesiology)
- DCP (Pathology)
- DCH (Pediatrics)
- DGO (O.B.G)
- DOMS (Ophthalmology)
- Ortho. (Orthopedics)
- L.O (E.N.T)
- DMRD (Radio Diagnosis)
For a candidate to qualify for application of admission to Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS), following are the requirements:
1. Undergraduate (MBBS):
- The applicant should have passed the PUC examination of two years duration, which is conducted by the PU Examination board, Karnataka State. Physical, Chemistry & Biology can be optional subjects. Or the applicant should have passed any other examination which is recognized as an equivalent to it by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. OR the candidates should have passed the BSc examination of Bangalore University or any other university provided that they have passed the examination with at least any three of the following courses: Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology.
- The applicants must have secured at least 50% marks in all the science subjects combined of the qualifying examination and CET/COMED-K. The OBC-3A category and SC/ST students of Karnataka must have secured 40% of the total marks.
- The lower age limit is of 17 years on the 31st December of the year of admission.
- Foreign applicants are required to submit the following:
- A No Objection Certificate from the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi.
- An Eligibility Certificate from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- A Student Visa.
- A Residential Certificate.
5. The selection of candidates is solely based on the Common Entrance Exam (CET), which is conducted by the Karnataka Government once a year OR on the COMED-K, which is conducted by the Consortium of Pvt. Medical Colleges of Karnataka once a year for all the students from the state and country.
6. The total number of seats available are 150, among which 60 seats (40%) are to be filled by the CET examination result for the domicile of Karnataka only. 60 seats (40%) are to be filled by the COMED-K examination results. Both of these admissions will be based entirely on merit. Out of the remaining, 22 seats (15%) are for the NRI students and 8 seats (5%) are for the institutional preference.
- The applicant seeking admission to any of the postgraduate programs should pass the PGET conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and COMED-K College.
- The applicant applying for the Postgraduate programs should have passed the MBBS examination from a recognized Medical college that is affiliated to any University recognized by the MCI.
- The applicants must have completed a year of Compulsory Rotating Internship in a Medical institute recognized by the MCI.
- The applicant must have registered their MBBS degree with their respective State Medical Council.
- The selection of applicants will be solely on merit basis of rank list of the entrance test.